During our First Time Facial consultation process we often discover that most people prefer to drink cold or iced water. We suggest to start the day with warm water and lemon. Consume about 2 glasses of water with lemon first thing in the morning before breakfast. And of course continue with warm water consumption throughout the day.
Here is how warm water benefits our body:
- It is more soothing than cold water. I like to bring an analogy of taking a shower. Most people like to take a warm shower, as it is relaxing. Cold water is more “shocking” both externally as well as internally.
- It helps to improve the immune system, especially when consumed with lemon. Lemon is high in vitamin C which helps to boost the immune system. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin. It needs to be replenished daily.
- It purifies lymph nodes and improves blood circulation. Water is critical in activating all enzymatic processes as well as the lymphatic system. When one is not drinking enough water, internal processes simply slow down. Warm water combined with lemon helps to detoxify the body and cleanse the lymph nodes.
- It improves bowel movement and the digestive system. In this case water once again is essential in activating the digestive system tract. Constipation and bloating are signs of low water intake.
- It helps to get rid of toxins and waste products by breaking down foods faster. Cold water on the other hand solidifies oils in consumed foods. This creates fat deposits in the intestines.
- It helps to reduce discomfort associated with menstrual cramps. Since warm water is soothing for visceral organs, it can ease the pain associated with menstrual cramps. You can also try to put a warm water pack on the belly when lying down to help reduce menstrual cramps.
For more benefits try water with ginger and rosemary, especially in the upcoming fall and winter season.