I am excited to announce that we are the first spa in Boston to offer Omnilux Contour LED mask. It is available in our online store for purchase.
As always I try everything on myself to ensure quality and excellent results before offering any products to the clients. I am very happy with the results of the Omnilux Contour LED mask.
I am a big fan of LED phototherapy which I have been using for 13 years in my practice. It works with skin’s physiology, so it is gentle but yet effective. However I have to mention that it has cumulative effect.
Did you know that NASA scientists developed LED phototherapy? As far back as 1980s NASA scientists discovered that under the LED light plants were growing faster and healthier with the higher concentration of antioxidants. Fascinating!
You may ask, how does that effect the skin? In the case of skin, LED phototherapy regenerates skin cells. And just like with the plants, it makes every cell healthier thus improving topical appearance of the skin. Because of its healing properties, it may also reduce painful side effects from radiation and phototherapy, according to NASA.
When I was doing my research and discovering these facts about LED phototherapy 13 years ago, it motivated me right away to incorporate LED phototherapy into the facials.
Here are some wonderful benefits of LED phototherapy:
- stimulates ATP synthesis which effects energy production within the cell
- improves micro-circulation and activates lymphatic system – both are critical in feeding the cells with essential nutrients thus optimize healthy functioning of the cells while removing waste products and toxins
- healing, soothing, calming
- helps to reduce inflammation thus great for acne, rosacea, dermatitis, etc
- stimulates collagen and elastin production
- helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles